Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pneumonia and the new car

It snowed last wednesday and I couldn't get to work. So I called in and told them I couldn't make it in. Besides that I was having the most incredible chest pains. I was not feeling 100% and thought that I just had a chest cold but then something felt off. So I skipped work and call my doctors office. I go in and talk with the doctor for a few minutes and he suggest getting a chest x-ray. Sure!! No problem! It's only the second time this year I have had a chest x-ray! (the first time it showed that I had pluerasy- an infection in my lungs). I get the chest x-ray done and when the films are ready the doctor goes over them with me.
"You see this side of you lung? you see how clear the lines are? and you see the other side of your lungs and how they are all fuzzy?" he says to me.
"Well, you've got pneumonia!"
PNUEMONIA!!!! I am flabbergasted! and yes that is a real word. Thank goodness for PTO. I took the rest of the week off and stayed home. I felt well enough to work but I decided to take it easy and not aggravate my lungs. Hotstuff hates when his lungs get aggravated! It's just so aggravating he says.
So while I am home with pneumonia.... our wonderful car that Hotstuff and I have had since we
were first married had hit old age. It was 9 years old with 147k miles on it. It got to the point where we were starting to put more money into it than what it was worth. Solution: new car. We went in to just check out our options and ended up driving home a silver 2008 Pontiac G6 with only 21650 miles on it. It's like riding in a space ship that get's 30 miles per gallon. We got the best deal on it!! Many dealerships are trying to stay in business that they are almost giving away their cars. They gave us for a trade-in $2,000 more than what our car was worth and knocked $7000 off the asking price. It is a buyers market!
That was my week.... how was yours?
~honey

No comments: