Thursday, November 15, 2012

This Tooth Fairy is fired!

Bubba Jones is one awesome little boy. 

Yes, I am saying that because I am his mother and I did birth him. But he really is an awesome little boy.

A little over a week ago, Bubba Jones came in excited to tell us that he had a new wiggly tooth. Lets jump back to earlier this year when he lost his first tooth. He was at the Fabulous Miss K's house and he wiggled that tooth till it popped out. Instead of telling anyone that he lost the tooth, he tossed it on the floor (which was vacuumed shortly after he tossed it.).

No tooth= No tooth fairy.

His second tooth, he pulled out on his own, at home. Which was promptly lost in the garbage.

No tooth= No tooth fairy.

So last night, Bubba Jones comes to me really excited with another tooth. He waited and wiggled that tooth till it just popped out. With every tooth that he has lost, he has never cried. He was so excited that he had lost his tooth and the Tooth Fairy could finally come.

The kids got ready and crawled into bed. We said our good nights, complete with hugs and kisses and placed the tooth under his pillow. I was on the phone with my sister in law for a couple of hours and totally spaced my Tooth Fairy duties.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, Bubba Jones was so excited!

"Mom! Mom! Guess what! The Tooth Fairy came last night because my tooth is gone!"

(Insert expletives I muttered here!)

Even with his tooth this time, this Tooth Fairy failed.

Dear Tooth Fairy,
You are FIRED!
Sincerly, Honey

No comments: