Monday, January 28, 2013

Hearing Her Heart Beat


This Bright and beautiful face will be turning 9 this week!


It is hard to imagine that 9 years ago, this beautiful, wonderful, smart and sassy little girl came into my life. 

I always imagined that I would be thrilled when that special day came when I found out I was pregnant. Due to some "Lady Issues", I wasn't sure if I would have children. When I did get pregnant with Miss May, well.... I wasn't excited. In fact, I was angry. Ironic, I know! I had suffered a miscarriage a few months before and I was still dealing it. It took me a while to let go of the anger but I made peace with my God and myself. 
As many of you know, my own sweet Mother passed away in my 27th week of pregnancy with Miss May. Just three days later, my biological father assaulted me. I was slammed into a plate glass window with ten grown men on top of me. I was taken by ambulance to the Hospital and admitted to the ER, then immediately Labor and Delivery Triage. I was with my sister and my Uncle (my mothers twin). My mothers viewing was that night and I forced my sister to go because that is where she needed to be. My Uncle never left my side. 
Finally, Hotstuff arrived and stayed with me. Due to the trauma, I needed to monitored. I had the belly straps on and Miss Mays heart beat swished away for all to hear.  
Then something unexpected happened.... 

Her heart beat was gone. 

It was no where to be found. 

I don't remembered if I prayed. 

All I felt was faith and peace. 

I don't know how much time passed.... seconds... minutes... 

Then the most beautiful sound filled the room. 

It was her Heart. 

It was beating and it was stronger than ever. 

It was the most cherished sound I had ever witnessed. I can still hear it today. 

Then 21 minutes after midnight, on Super Bowl Sunday, Miss May was born into this great big world! She gave me purpose and rescued me from my grief. 

Nine years later, she still gives me purpose and with each passing day, her Heart gets stronger. 


No comments: