Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Miss May turns 5! and no "wardrobe malfunctions"




So my baby girl turned 5 on Feb.1st- Super bowl Sunday. I was orginally due on the 25th of January. I remember one of Hotstuff's cousin in-laws (and yes that is a real word) jokingly told me that I would have her on super bowl sunday. I prayed that I wouldn't and with the help of my doctor I was induced on Jan. 31st. I was sure that I was going to have her that day.


16 1/2 hours of labor, 2 epidurals, one narcotic and one blessing later, she came. 21 minutes after midnight, I brought my baby girl into this world (with a whole lot of help from the other side). That day for us was marked by Miss May joining us- for the rest of you.... That was the Super bowl that Janet Jackson had the famous "wardrobe malfunction."


So we celebrated with a family party. Chicken Fettucine Alfredo (made from scratch) was served. I will forever be grateful for this incredible blessing and miracle in my life. She rescued me from my grief. She brings laughter and patience.


Happy Birthday Baby Girl!


~honey

No comments: