Friday, June 19, 2009

Well Shut my Mouth!


Around 10 am this morning, I needed my caffeine!! So as apart of my morning ritual, I head down to the Pink Shop for a very large, bubbly, caffeine and sugar loaded soda. When I arrived there, I saw a very adorable little boy and a dad sitting at the counter. I knew the gentlemen was a dad because of the pink "dad" bracelet he wore. This is a security protocal in most hospitals to insure the safety of the newborn (and to make sure you don't go home with the wrong baby or someone else takes your baby.) The dad did not look much older than me and the little boy that was sitting with him was no more than 4 years old.

I got my soda and went to the cashier to pay for my drink. I know how exciting a brand new baby can be so I turned to the boy and asked:

"Do you have a new little brother or new little sister?"

The dad pops up and said: "Neither. This is my brother in law!"

"Well shut my mouth!" was all I could say.
(The picture above is Bubba Jones on the day he was born.)

1 comment:

Just SO said...

Wow! Only in Utah.