Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tax dollars hard at work

(Note: This post is regarding Michael Jackson and his funeral service)

Michael Jackson was laid to rest yesterday. While walking through the ICU and many other parts of the hospital where I work, ALL televisions were turned to CNN to watch coverage of the funeral. By the end of the day, I was glad to be home. I wanted to sit and veg for a minute in front of the good ol' boob tube but when I turned it on I was bombarded with nothing but Micheal Jackson.
I was disgusted at all the media attention towards him and his funeral. I was repulsed at the way they were treating and viewing his children. But none of this bothered more than the fact that Jackson's funeral cost the tax payers of California $4 MILLION!!!!!!!
Yes! you read that right $4 Million that could have gone to fund education, programs to help those in need and other programs that needed the extra funding. Instead, their tax dollars paid for something else. This, is tax dollars hard at work.

No comments: